Central Street Antiques and Auctions, Conditions of Sale.
1. Some of the lots in this sale are offered subject to a reserve. The reserve is a confidential minimum price agreed upon by the consignor and Central Street Antiques and Auctions Inc. below which the lot will not be sold. In most cases, the reserve will be set below the estimated range, but in no case will it exceed the estimates listed. A representative of Central Street Antiques and Auctions Inc. will execute such reserves by bidding for the consignor. In any event and whether or not a lot is subject to a reserve, the auctioneer may reject any bid or raise not commensurate with the value of such lot.
2. All property is sold "as is", and neither the auctioneer nor any consignor makes any warranties or representation of any kind or nature with respect to the property, and in no event shall they be responsible for the correctness, nor deemed to have made any representation or warranty, or description, genuineness, authorship, attribution, provenance, period, culture, source, origin, or condition of the property and no statement made at the sale, or in the bill of sale, or invoice or elsewhere shall be deemed such a warranty of representation or an assumption of liability.
3. Except as provided in paragraph 1 above, the highest bidder as determined by the auctioneer shall be the purchaser. In the case of a disputed bid, the auctioneer shall have sole discretion in determining the purchaser and may also, at his or her election, withdraw the lot or re-offer the lot for sale.
4. All merchandise purchased must be paid for and removed from the premises the day of the auction. Central Street Antiques and Auctions Inc. may impose, and the purchaser agrees to pay, a monthly storage charge of 1 ½% of the purchase price of any lot or portion of a lot not removed by the purchaser within three (3) business days after the date of sale. Central Street Antiques and Auctions Inc. shall have no liability for any damage to property left on its premises for more than three (3) days after the date of sale. At the option of Central Street Antiques and Auctions Inc. the merchandise may be transferred to and stored at a bonded warehouse and the purchaser agrees to pay all transfer and storage expenses. Central Street Antiques and Auctions Inc. may impose, and the purchaser agrees to pay, a monthly interest charge of 1 ½% of the purchase price of any lot or item not paid by the purchaser within thirty-five (35) days of the date of sale.
5. Central Street Antiques and Auctions Inc. accepts cash (In House Only), check, PayPal or credit card for payment. Personal checks will be acceptable only if credit has been established with Central Street Antiques and Auctions Inc. or if a bank authorization has been received guaranteeing a personal check. Central Street Antiques and Auctions Inc. reserves the right to hold merchandise purchased by personal check until the check has cleared the bank. The purchaser agrees to pay Central Street Antiques and Auctions Inc. a handling charge of $25.00 for any check dishonored by being deemed to having insufficient funds. Please contact Accounting for additional payment methods.
6. If the purchaser breaches any of its obligations under these Conditions of Sale, including its obligation to pay in full the purchase price of all items for which it was the highest successful bidder, Central Street Antiques and Auctions Inc. may exercise all of its rights and remedies under the law including, without limitation, (a) canceling the sale and applying any payments made by the purchaser to the damages caused by the purchaser's breach, and/or (b) offering at public auction, without reserve, any lot or item for which the purchaser has failed to pay in full the purchase price, holding the purchaser liable for any deficiency plus all costs of sale.
7. In no event will the liability of Central Street Antiques and Auctions Inc. to any purchaser with respect to any item exceed the purchase price actually paid by such purchaser for such item.
8. Central Street Antiques and Auctions Inc. may, in its discretion and at a purchaser's request, package and ship items as directed by the purchaser. In such event, purchaser agrees that (a) all such packaging, handling and shipping is at the sole risk of the purchaser and that Central Street Antiques and Auctions Inc. shall have no liability for any loss or damage to such items, and (b) purchaser shall pay in advance, all packaging expenses, including labor, materials and postage and carrier fees, and all insurance charges. Allow four to six weeks for shipping. Some property that is sold at auction can be subject to laws governing export from the U.S., such as items that include material from some endangered species. Import restrictions from foreign countries are subject to these same governing laws. Granting of licensing for import or export of goods from local authorities is the sole responsibility of the buyer. Denial or delay of licensing will not constitute cancellation or delay in payment for the total purchase price of these lots.
9. All purchases are subject to the Connecticut 6.35% sales tax unless the purchaser possesses a Connecticut sales tax exemption number. Exemption numbers from other states are accepted in Connecticut if presented with a business card or letterhead. Dealers, museums, and other qualifying parties can apply for a Connecticut exemption number prior to the auction by contacting the Connecticut Department of Corporations and Taxation.
10. The buyers premium on property purchased on Live Auctioneers will be in the amount equal to 21% of the final bid price. Bidding on any item indicates your acceptance of these terms and all other terms announced at the time of sale whether bidding in person, through a representative, by phone, by Internet, or other absentee bid.
Updated 5/13/2013 Central Street Antiques and Auctions, Inc.